Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Mindy Marie!



I cannot let today pass without doing a small tribute to one of my bestest friends EVER! Mindy Marie was my friend when very few others were. I think we pretty much saved each other in those awkward, difficult, middle school years. **And yes we really had the above picture taken in middle school. And yes we tried to color coordinate. And yes we ACTUALLY thought we looked good! :)** We were seriously inseparable and I was grounded enough of my life at this time (pretty much every other weekend) which proves that apparently we had a hard time parting! :) We were pretty crazy, goofy, nerdy, tom-boyish, and weird! But whatever we did we did it together. Some of the things we had in common and enjoyed immensely were: an unhealthy love of basketball and the Utah Jazz. We both were devastated each time they lost and had a weird dream of being kicked in the head by Karl Malone's big shoe or having him land on us during a basketball game! We were known to wreak havoc around the neighborhood whether it was toilet papering, disassembling trampolines, or just being obnoxiously loud playing night games! We always seemed to have crushes on the same boys! Hubie and ? Crud, I forgot our other code name...yes, we had code names! :) We created our own cow nicknames and T-shirts with logos and everything: Heifer and Holstein Forever! We also were known, or at least creative Mindy was known, for doing fun and crazy things for each other's birthdays!

Here is one of Mindy's birthday ideas. Strings all through my front yard!

Our friendship survived doing a newspaper route together where we actually had some of our deepest conversations as we rode along, many bike rides up the beastly Cliffside hill, jump after jump into ice cold 1st Dam, several walks through cemeteries at night including a night we will never forget when we heard a grave digger, Mindy biting Heather for the whole entire bus ride home for not giving Mindy one of the many, many notes we wrote to each other during school, Heather telling Mindy she had "urkle" pants, almost dying together running beastly 400 after 400 after 400 in track, and Mindy throwing an egg into Heather's face from about a foot away!

The coolest papergirls EVER!

I have so many wonderful,crazy, fun, and amazing memories with Mindy! Even though we live apart now and we probably don't keep contact with each other as well as we should, I want Mindy to know that she will ALWAYS be one of my best and truest friends - someone I know I can always turn to for anything. Happy Birthday Mindy! I sure do love you!

When Mindy met Jack!

Love,
Heather

2 comments:

Mindy said...

HA HA HA! Shut-up! Are you telling me that we *don't* look good in that middle school photo!? P.s. *Why* were we grounded so much? We weren't naughty children! Was it because we stayed out "late?" With "late" being defined as past 10:00pm???? Or because we watched Saved by the Bell before doing our paper route? :) And, this reminded me how we would sing the National Anthem at the top of our lungs and we were surprised when people would complain. :) Thanks for this Heather Anne! :)

NAT said...

What a sweet tribute. I had a shirt like yours in the first picture, although, I think mine was maroon or something. That was the style....wasn't it? :)