Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Jack's 1st Birthday!!

Our baby, our amazing Jack turned 1 on November 10th! We cannot believe it! This year has just flown by, and it definitely went too fast! Because Dustin had a basketball game the night of Jack's birthday, we did a party for him on the 9th. We had 20+ people over and it was lots of fun. Jack loved all of the madness, noise, and attention. He opened some presents, played with other kids, and dug into a basketball chocolate cake that Mommy made. I thought most 1 year olds didn't get the idea of unwrapping presents, but Jack loved pulling the paper off! Here are some highlights from his 2-day birthday festivities!

Jack loved the balloons we blew up for his party!

Here is my attempt at being creative and domestic - ball cakes for Jack!

Opening presents with Mommy at the party!

At first Jack just used his finger to get some frosting off the cake and ate that. Then I broke open the cake and he started grabbing handfuls. Here he is just starting to get into it!

Mommy, Jack, Daddy, and the massacred cake.

"Hey dad, you gotta try this stuff"

Definitely enjoying his chocolate cake. I am sure Jack was thinking, "Seriously, you are letting me eat this much chocolate and make this big of a mess....AWESOME!"

Check Please! (Bath time!!)

Jack with a couple of his buddies, Abe and Thomas. (Jack is gonna have lots of guy friends thanks to lots of our friends who have had or are having boys! Yay for sons!!)

Opening presents with Daddy after party.

Wahoo! A cell phone of Jack's very own that talks and lights up! (It even says things like, "Call Mommy," "Call Daddy," and"Call Grandma." Now we can practice! :)

By the end of opening presents on the second day, Jack was a serious pro!

Jack in his super cute camo hoodie (and chewing on the stick to his xylophone.

Here is Jack, Daddy, and Jack's loot! He got some wonderful, fun things for his birthday! Thank you so much to everyone who spoiled him so greatly!! He got a xylophone, clothes, books, balls, flashlights, a cell phone, a toy to hit and it bobbles back up, lots of bath toys, a Tonka truck, cars, bowties, and a Jack-in-the-box! He has so many and they are everywhere, so he just goes back and forth from toy to toy all day!!


It was a great birthday. Jack is clearly very loved. He is such a wonderful blessing and a great joy in our lives! We love you Jackie Bean!! Happy 1st Birthday!

9 comments:

chelseyandmatt said...

oh my goodnesS! I can't believe he is already ONE! Time has flown! He is adorable!!! That is so exciting. And...very domestic with the cakes..I am impressed!

grandma said...

Hey, Jack, look like you scored a lot of loot! Grandma and Grandpa miss you. Keep working on Mommy and Daddy to move closer to Kansas! We love and miss you (and Mommy and Daddy, too!)
Grandma Enslinger

Haley+Salesi said...

Happy Birthday JACK!!!! Heather he is so cute... I know I have told you this but his eyes are just gorgeous... Love the cakes... glad you guys had a good time, looks like he got a ton of fun presents, lucky boy... :)

Unknown said...

I can't believe you have a 1 year old. He is the cutest kid ever and I am in love with his big blue eyes. I told Nellie to invite you to her blog. I love being able to keep up with your lives this way. So I flushed my phone down the toilet in Hawaii and lost all my phone numbers (I know who really does that). I would love to talk to you though so either send me your phone number or give me a call sometime.

NAT said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Jack! I can't believe that you're one already. It looks like you guys had a great time and Jack got very spoiled. Great job on the cake, Heather. I'm very impressed. Oh, and I love that camo hoodie. I thought that it was only fun to dress girls, but I could definitely dig dressing up a boy in that.

chelseyandmatt said...

Yes...sad and lonely nights have begun for me! Matt went to Hawaii on sat. morning and gets home tomorrow. I have been panicking i was going to go into labor the whole time. luckily, he just goes to boise and then is home for 9 days!! so..i only have 2 weeks left-i will probably not see you being pregnant, its not as cute as it seems..haha. However, I do get to montana for sure this year for the gameS! yay!! how is life?

Kristin Dyer said...

CRAZY!!! I can't believe that Jack is already one. It is nuts how time just flies by. Rigdon just had his 2nd birthday and I can't believe that I have a two year old. My sister and parents ran into Lisa at the coppermill a couple of days ago and said that she is moving to Washington. So we will be neighbors. What city are they moving to? We would be happy to help them move in and help in any way we can. Let me know~ It looks like you guys are doing awesome. Talk to you later.

chelseyandmatt said...

when are you coming down for thanksgiving? will dustin be out of town? i would love love love to see you. We are here all week, and I am just catching up on homework while matt is at practice(probably all day) they play here tues. and sat. but anytime really i would be so happy if i got to see you! let me know..and thanks for the message!

chelseyandmatt said...

Whenever you want to come I would love it!! This monday might be better, because I won't be in school and the following sunday I will be getting ready to go BACK to school Monday and I have a bunch of stuff due, but either way I would love to see you and little Jack!! Just give me a call and let me know..yay!!!