Monday, June 29, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

While we were down in Utah, we had the amazing and spiritual experience of going through the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house.  We went through with a lot of my family, and it was wonderful.  What a neat experience to be sitting in the gorgeous sealing room looking at Jack, me, and Dustin in the mirrors and knowing one day we will be sealed together as a family.  It was a great experience.  

 Kind of a crazy side note:  A few days before we went to the open house, the angel Moroni on top of the temple was struck by lightning, so when we were there, we could see how the arm and trumpet were all black.  
Our family in front of the fountain.  (Yes it was a little windy!)

All of the family that went to the open house.  

Jack and I overlooking the nice place where this temple sits.  It is so close to the Jordan River temple.  If you look closely, you can see the other temple in the background.  

Jack helping Daddy push his stroller around the beautiful grounds! 

Jack and Daddy!  I sure do love these boys more than anything!

Me and my sweet, beautiful mother!  

Jack and Dustin again!

Here is the whole group of my family that went sitting in front of this beautiful temple!  

5 comments:

chelseyandmatt said...

Love this post..it made me tear up a little bit. What an awesome experience for you guys. You are such an amazing person... I miss you!!! Hope all is well! Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you:)

B and J said...

I am so excited to go see the temple next month! Fun pictures!

Unknown said...

WOW! Heather that is such an amazing picture with all of you guys! So Awesome! Your parents have a great posterity! I love the pics from wolf creek! I loved that place when our family went there a couple years ago... it is probably my favorite place yet! (except Hawaii) It was so fun to finally meet jack! I just can't get over what a cute little guy he is! Such a fun personality!

Ashley and Cody said...

Those pictures are so pretty. I am excited b/c we are going next week before I go home. You have such a great family and you are such a good mom. I always love seeing you and catching up.

NAT said...

I'm glad you were able to visit MY temple! Ha ha. I only say that because we live about 5 minutes away. We were able to go last week before Ashley left to go home. It was neat. What a cool family picture!