Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Hansen Family Reunion!!

We packed up half our house/wardrobes, Chewie, and Jack and got on the road Wednesday night, not to return home again for 13 days! We were off to Utah for my family reunion and then were headed straight out to Kansas to see Dustin's family. After Amos' wedding on Thursday morning we headed down to our reunion destination. This year my Hansen Family Reunion was in Midway, UT and it was loads of fun! It is crazy to me that just in my family with mom, dad, sisters and brothers and all the in-laws and grandkids there is now 29 of us in all!! I can't believe it! It is so fun spending time with my large, fun, and wonderful family!
The "original" Hansen family! (I will post the whole fam when I get that picture!)



My mom and dad with all of their grandkids!



We set up camp Thursday afternoon, and then my parents made their delicious dutch oven chicken! Oh it is my favorite! That night we just visited around the campfire, and the kids roasted anything and everything -marshmallows, starbursts, gummi stuff, and all sorts of candy! Dustin, Jack, Chewie, and I shared a tent with Lisa, Bryce, and Gordo. This was Jack's first experience camping, and he did really well. He slept pretty darn good and seemed to enjoy all of the craziness of the puppies and the kids. Friday morning Dustin got to go golfing and we were also in charge of helping with breakfast. My mom did fun crafts with the kids to keep them entertained during the morning, and that afternoon we went to Jordanelle Reservoir and played on the beach and did a little boating. It was lots of fun. When it was our turn on the boat I got to ride in the tube with my mom and Dustin, while Jack laid on the floor of the boat under a seat and got rocked nicely to sleep!

All of the crazy, cute grandkids!!



That night was really fun and entertaining as Brad told his amazing stories, everyone took turns adding onto a story, the kids sang songs and danced, and everyone shared their favorite moment of the reunion so far. (I even busted out The Running Man, The Roger Rabbit, and a litle Pee Wee Herman dance moves along with some old Girls Camp songs!) That night was really fun and of course some of the memories and additions to the story really had everyone laughing! The next morning we got up and had family pictures taken. There have been 10 additions to the family since the last time we had family pictures. They all turned out really cute! The reunion seemed really short, but it was lots of fun! It was wonderful to see all of my family, especially my sister and brother-in-law and their four darling kids! I hadn't seen my bro-in-law and three of the kids for over a year! I absolutely love any chance I get to have a get together with my family! With 15 grandkids ranging from age 8 months to 10 years old, there is never a dull moment! Thanks family for the wonderful memories! Here are some highlights:

2 comments:

The Lukes said...

Super cute pictures! It looks like you had tons of fun.

NAT said...

Wow, you have been super busy this summer with all of your travels. It's fun to see pictures of the reunion. Everybody looks great and it's crazy to think of all those grandkids! I'm glad you had a good time.