Monday, July 14, 2008

Palisade Falls

Before I blog about our family reunion in Utah and our trip to Kansas, I will do a blog on something a little more recent! Last night, Dustin, Jack, Chewie, and I went for a little hike up to Palisade Falls up Highlite Canyon. Jack loves water and he seemed to enjoy watching the water, touching the water, listening to the falls, feeling the mist coming off the falls, and just being outside. Chewie did impressively well on the hike up but eventually got pretty tuckered out and rode in the storage area on the bottom of the stroller. (He usually ends up there on most of our walks we take him on! It looks pretty funny and cute!) Anyway, it was fun little Sunday outing, and it was fun to be outside in this beautiful canyon and enjoy the beautiful weather and the beautiful surroundings! Here are some pictures from our outing:

Dustin and Jack at the bottom of the trail.



Me, Chewie, and Jack at the bottom of the trail.



Dustin, Jack, and Chewie getting ready for the steep part of the trail.


Daddy having way too much fun with his fancy, snazzy water pack and enjoying his "ice, cold water." :)



Jack showing his excitement when we arrived at the bottom of the falls.


Daddy and Jack at Palisade Falls!



Our little family at the falls!



Jack getting to touch the freezing water!



Jack showing off his hiking apparel!



Jack just had to try a drink out of Daddy's fancy water pack!



Daddy let Jack have an icy when we got home! He certainly enjoyed it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HEATHER! How are you? First off, I am sorry your name was not on my blog. I swear I added it and don't know why it wasn't on there. Don't worry it is now. I have been following your blog ever since Jack was born but have never had a blog of my own, so I haven't made any comments. He is the most adorable kid ever! I'll bet you guys are so proud. I really am so lucky to be able to do what I am doing. I am living my dream life, that is for sure. When I went to Salt Lake, I had never even been on an airplane and now in the last 3 years I have been on 3 cruises, to New York and D.C., and to San Diego. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, but it is so expensive to fly here that I have never been able to. I decided being a school teacher I have my summer off and so I might as well enjoy it. I got my 2 best friends from high school talked into going with me and another girl and we are seriously having so much fun. I never want this summer to end. We have done some crazy things since we have been here but I am living it up. Skydiving was truly the coolest thing I have ever done in my life. I wish I could do it again but it is so expensive it is a once in a lifetime thing I am afraid. Well, I am writing a novel but it was so good to hear from you and keep in touch. I love looking at your blog. You have such a cute little family.

Mindy said...

Jack is getting so big!!! The hike looks fun. I am glad you updated, or else I was going to put you on my Needs to be Kicked List. :)

chelseyandmatt said...

ok first can I tell you that you guys are the most adorable family ever?! The dog adds the perfect touch too..hehe. Okay, second you look so so so cute in that hat!! Really, I love it. Third, I am for sure coming to the montana state game to see you this yeaR!! I wish we could make a trip sooner. And last, CRystal wrote a NOVEL! Sorry, mine will not be that long. Hope all is well, and I miss you always. Jack is getting so big!!

NAT said...

What a cute little family. Jack is getting so big!