Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Time Out for Women

I know I don't write very much about myself on this blog, but I had a great, fun experience this weekend that I wanted to write about.  A bunch of ladies from my ward and I all went up to Billings this weekend to attend Time Out for Women.  I have some of the most amazing women in my ward, and they are such fun, wonderful friends.  We drove up Friday afternoon, did some shopping, and ate at the Olive Garden for dinner.  We then went to a hotel and stayed up until 1 chatting.  The next day we went to the conference.  There were some amazing speakers and Hilary Weeks sung some beautiful songs and gave some great messages as well.  Here are some things I took away from the speakers:  1)Time is valuable!  We need to fill our time with not just the good things but the better things of life.  As my family grows and gets involved in more and more, we need to be careful to not over-schedule.  2)  Everything that has happened on the earth, even the discovery of the Americas, have all been inspired by the Holy Ghost and happened according to God's plan.  Even though a lot of the world is becoming dark, evil, or troubled, we can individually stand strong and be a light in the darkness.  Don't become disheartened or give up.  Just live my life the best I can.  3)  Heavenly Father loves me so much!  4)  No matter what trials we encounter, with Christ we can get through them.  Also, it doesn't hurt to find joy along the journey, no matter how difficult it is.  The last speaker was a woman who has lost her sight.  She was so funny and inspirational!  It was a great weekend.  I was uplifted by the messages of the conferences, strengthened and appeciative of the stories of my friends, and felt complete gratitude for the amazing friends and women in my life right now. Oh and don't worry - Dustin was of course Super Dad again while I was gone, and he and Jack had a great time without me going to Yard Sales, lots of stores, and to a Scout Spaghetti Dinner and Auction.  (Dustin bought a babysitter so we can have a date night soon).  Here are a few pics from the weekend:  
   
Eating dinner at the OG.  Mmmmm.....Me, Amy, Meagan, Chelsy, Alicia, Erica, Julie, and Missy

The gals in our Hilton hotel room - Chelsey, Missy, Julie, Amy, me, Missy, and Alicia.  By the way, some of us learned the hard way that the Hilton does NOT have a complimentary continental breakfast!  


Me and Amy - She is the one that got us the hotel rooms.  She is seriously one of the funniest people I have ever met!



A bunch of us at the conference - Chelsy, Amy, Missy, Julie, Missy, me, Marissa, and Darcy

This is Meagan the amazing lady that watches Jack for me. She is so fun and wonderful!

The wonderful girls I got to ride with. We had some great chats and they were so nice to deal with me and my crazy car sickness I was having! Missy B., Chelsy, me, and Missy M.

The other car full of amazing women! Julie, Amy, Alicia, and Meagan

Me and Missy B on the drive home.

1 comment:

amyorr said...

I should just copy your post and put it on mine. Good job. You are so cute. I still laugh when I think that you brought an extra pair of you know what.....just in case. It was a FUN weekend!