Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Big 2-8!


So on September 29th I turned the big 2-8! I seriously can't believe I am that old. I also decided birthdays are pretty lame these days. Don't my boys know they should not cry and poop so much on MY special day! :) Anyway, Jack and I woke up and made some Monster Pancakes. Then it was a normal morning.
We went to Chili's for lunch with Dustin. Here is Zander and Dustin.
Both boys were sitting by Dustin, so I sat on my side of the booth by myself and enjoyed my delicious strawberry lemonade.
Oh sure they all look happy. Moments later Jack had a meltdown over ranch and Dustin had to take him outside for half the time we were there....Zander also was quite fussy and wouldn't sit nicely in his chair. Dustin and I took turns holding him while attempting to eat. Not quite the most enjoyable of birthday lunches.....
Dustin made the day a little better when he got home from work. He brought me flowers, a sweet card, a picture from Jack, "The Wizard of Oz," and the Wii game, "Just Dance." Dustin and I had a lot of fun playing that after the kiddos went to bed!!
I did make myself a delicious Reese's cake for my birthday. This is actually Jack's portion - but he said we had to do candles and sing- so I got a turn then he got a turn.
Dustin nicely captured the blowing out the candles picture.
Me and two of my boys that sang Happy Birthday to me so nicely!
Here I am nerdily showing off two of my gifts - some sweet work out pants from my mom and "Just Dance!"

Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments:

Kristi & Mike said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Heather! You have such a cute family and are such a great mommy! Hope you have a great year!!!

NAT said...

Happy belated Birthday, Heather! You are NOT old, believe me. I would love to be 28 again. Thirty-two bites the big one.