Sunday, April 17, 2011

A visit from Grandma Hansen

We were lucky enough a few weeks ago that my mom chose to come visit US for her Spring Break! We loved having her here for a few days! I really think my mom is amazing! Here are few fun things we did: we read stories, chatted, went to the store, played games, went out to eat, and played with Playdoh.
We also colored some Easter pictures, played with eggs, and made a Countdown to Easter chain.
Also while my mom was here we decided to bust out the sewing machine my mother-in-law got me for Christmas and my mom gave me a lesson in sewing. We decided to start with something really simple: pajama pants for Jack! He picked some "Cars" material from the store, and my mom and I sat down for an adventure in sewing! My mom is a great teacher! She was encouraging when I was nervous, and it was fun to spend this time with her!
Jack was very excited when he woke up from his nap and saw the finished product!
My mom sneakily put treats in some eggs that Jack had handed her! His face was pure happiness when he got them back and discovered candy had magically appeared in them! My mom and I laughed and cried with delight at the pure joy on his face!
My mom is such a wonderful mom and Grandma! Both boys enjoyed having her visit!
I know we didn't do much while you were here mom, and the weather of course wasn't the best, but thanks so much for wanting to spend some of your Spring Break with us! We loved having you and WE LOVE YOU! Thanks for everything!

No comments: