Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hogle Zoo

I promise this is the last post from my Utah trip!  Then I will at least be to mid-August in catching up! :)  
While in Utah, I was able to take my boys to Hogle Zoo.  Lisa, Pace, and Lily came with us!  It was such a nice day, and the zoo was pretty cool!  
They had some pretty cool new moving, roaring, water spitting Dinosaur things!  And here are some of my favorite animals:  giraffes, elephants, and spider monkeys (cuz they look like my husband and boys!)  
 Lisa's boyfriend, Pace, was fun to have along.  He carried the kiddos, showed them cool stuff, carried them, lifted them, and got just as into everything as them!  He also was entertaining pretending to eat and punch dinosaurs in pictures and acting/looking like a gorilla! :)  
Me and the boys by the cool T-Rex!  
 
Lily and Jack wanted to steal the park patrol ride!  
Enjoying some fun stuff at the park.
Inside one of the cool buildings!  
Pace, Lisa, and Lily
Also in this building we witnessed the nastiest and most graphic part of the visit.  And yes, I will now share that gross story. 
So we were looking at this cool, yet nasty looking bird when all the sudden we realize there is another bird in there, a pigeon.  Well next thing we know we watch this vulture-y bird RIP the head off of the pigeon.  If you look closely in the picture you can see the pigeon head between the mean birds legs.  Yeah, needless to say, we quickly ushered our young children and their innocent eyes elsewhere.  
 
Did we measure up?  
Playing on/with some of the statues!  
Some other fun pics from the day!  
The boys and me on the train ride around the zoo.
 The boys playing at the kid play area!
We had a great time at the zoo and an long but amazing trip to Utah!  I hope the boys enjoyed the memories we made as much as I did! :)  

No comments: