Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Jack's Mad Skills!!

So Jack and I are going on the road trip with Dustin this week. We will go to Pocatello, and then on down to Ogden. So in Utah I will get to see my family. Well, yesterday I was talking to my sister, Lisa, on the phone. I guess she is deciding if it will be worth making time to see Jack (how dare she even have to act like it is a decision :)!!) Anyway, she asks, "Well, does he even do anything yet? Is he fun yet?" Hello! Of course he is!! So I sat back and thought of my sons many gifts and talents and decided to actually let Lisa (and everyone else) know and see what an amazing little guy I have. Now I know we have already established from previous blogs that Jack can have chats with his dad, poop, drool, and smile, but here I will introduce you to even more of my little man's talents! Enjoy and ladies watch out, cuz Jack is bringing some MAD SKILLS!

1) He can smile! And if I do say so myself, I think it is the most beautiful, brightest smile in the world! He isn't stingy about handing these out left and right to people either.....so I guess there is another talent.....he is giving and knows how to share already! Wow! What a guy!



2) He can fit his ENTIRE fist in his mouth! Not impressed? Well you try it! It is quite a feat! Not only can he stick it in there, but he can then suck vigorously, all while keeping his eyes glued to the TV!



3) He can now play with toys! He loves his toys lately! As you can see, he holds and shakes his rattle like a champ! He also can hold a toy really well in his mouth....well I thought that was impressive!



4) He is excellent at posing while he sleeps. I have never seen a baby so relaxed as he can get!



5) He helps with laundry! (Or at least behaves himself nicely while his mom puts him in awkward places while SHE does the laundry!



6) He eats really well and quite a bit! Also, notice that when he does eat he does it ever so politely and daintily (notice the pinkie!)



7) He can sit up all by himself in the middle of the couch! (And he can do it even longer when he gets entranced by something on the TV!)



8) He likes to go for walks and can even sleep through some of the snow packed rough terrain that we encounter!



9) He can do tummy time! Look at that head lifted up so high!!



Yes even without the pillow helping!!



10) Oh and yes he can cry with the best of them! In fact, he can cry louder and harder than most! And what is even more amazing is how he can turn it on SO quick! He goes from 0 to AAAAH quicker than you know what to do about it! He's got some good strong lungs. Maybe this means he will be an amazingly gifted singer one day.....



So everyone (Aunt Lisa) as you can see I have an extremely talented, gifted, beautiful 3 month old! How dare Lisa ask "Does he do anything?" Lisa, are you impressed yet!? :)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Who cares if Greasa is impressed or not, I definitely am! Also, this has to be one of the most entertaining blog posts I have ever read. I thank you for that. Now, the letters I have to type to post this comment today are; taozi.

NAT said...

I'm quite impressed. Especially at the Tummy Time feat. My little Emma HATED tummy time and Jack looks like he quite enjoys it. I have been trying to decide who Jack truly looks like. I think he looks like Dustin in the first picture (he has his smile), but in the other pictures, I do catch a glimpse of "Hansen" in him.

Enjoy your time with the fam and tell them that the Platt's say HI!

Anna said...

Heather...your little boy is impressive! He sure is cute, too. I bet you have so much fun with him. You will have a great time with your family, AND you get to go on the road with your husband. Beats being alone. So have fun.

Tora Family said...

Heather - he is so cute! Its amazing how fast they grow and change!

Celia said...

My my. Those ARE some mad skills. He is definitely cute.

And I must say, whose shapely legs are those in the first pic? If only my kids were lucky enough to have a cute, athletic, shapely mother like Jack does!