Thursday, April 16, 2009

Other visitors....the Lukes!

I am a little slow on this post, but yes we had even more visitors between Grandma Enslinger's visit and Grandma and Grandpa Hansen's visit. Our friends, the Lukes, who moved away to Colorado came and stayed with us for a week. Their week was full of play dates, a photography session, and lots of visiting with friends, but Cami still made time to watch Jack for me while I was at work one day, cook us some delicious zippy beef tips and some "toxic" rolls thanks to my rotten shortening :), and visit with me.  We went to Dining Divas and a movie with some other awesome girls in the ward.  Another time, Cami and I stayed up talking for 4 hours until 2 in the morning about anything and everything.  It was great even though I had to work the next morning.  Three adults and three children 3 and under made for a pretty crowded, crazy house, but it was also pretty fun. Jack especially enjoyed having other kids around. He followed Hannah everywhere! Here are some pictures from their visit:
Hannah apparently shocked to find my laundry on the chair.  Sorry my house is livable not fancy or clean! :)

Jacob is such a polite clean eater. In fact, he would prefer his mom to feed him, never gets any food on him, and eats pretty darn well.....  

Jack on the other hand is the exact opposite....he insists on feeding himself, always ends up a mess, and is kind of picky at times.... (Unless I am offering him oatmeal out of my hand...)

In this picture he has decided to not use silverware and is sticking his own hand deep into his yogurt and then sucking it off his hand....Yeah. That is why he usually has no clothes on after meals....he is a little messy.....

And of course when I took a picture of Jack with a spoon in his mouth, Hannah wanted one too! :)

Here is Jacob's awesome trick! He can suck his lips up to his nose!

Jack and Hannah being crazy after dinner. Jack is shirtless because he was a rather messy eater.

Bath time!! Hannah hates when Jack splashes or acts crazy (which is always) so we put Jacob in the middle so that he could be peacemaker. But it didn't work. Jack spashed Jacob instead, and Jacob left the bath time crying. Mean Jack, mean! :)

Pajama time with Dustin.

Jacob and Jack in their twinners! Except for one is a 12 month size and one is an 18 month size. Can you guess who is in which size? :) And they are only one month apart!  Oh, and this rocking chair was a major hit with all the kids.  (It was Dustin's when he was little.)  Sorry to Jacob though for when Jack pushed you over.  But hey, I don't think I have ever moved as quick as I did when I caught Jacob and prevented his face from smashing the floor.  

Happy kids at breakfast: Jack

Cute Hannah with crazy hair! 

And Jacob happily eating.

Hannah was so exhausted after a weeks worth of play dates that she even let Chewie lay on her as she watched movie before bed! She has come a long way with liking Chewie since we first got him!

When Brent flew in Friday night to meet up with the rest of his family, we did a little surprise birthday party for Cami that he had organized from afar. Cami went to pick up Brent at the airport and came home to house full of friends. It was fun to have a bunch of friends over and celebrate Brent's birthday a little late and Cami's birthday a little early.

Here are the kids together the morning the Lukes left!

We are now done with visitors for awhile.....I think.   Three weeks in a row was great, but I think we are finally adjusting to life with just the 3 of us.....

1 comment:

Haley+Salesi said...

Jack is so ADORABLE!!! I love how he is such a good eater.. I am so excite to start to feed Malik... Bet it is nice to have it be just the three of you guys.. You are such a great host.. I like the Easter photos , you all look so great in your Outfits!!! :)