Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving Break!!

The Sunday before Thanksgiving, Dustin left with the basketball team to a tournament in Cancun. (Yeah. Pretty rough, I know.) Of course that night we had a HUGE snowstorm (as it always happens when Dustin goes somewhere warm). I shoveled once at night and once in the morning to make sure we weren't trapped. Monday morning I loaded the car and the boys, and at 11:00 we hopped on I-80 only to be directed to take the next exit because the interstate was closed. I went home very annoyed and very anxious to get on the road while it was daylight and the sun was still out. Finally, at 2:00 the interstate was opened and we could get on the road. 10 hours later, (it is only supposed to take 6 hours) we arrived in Logan! It was a LONG day, but the boys were pretty good.

Anyway, we were able to spend a week and half in Utah with family and friends. I was able to get my hair cut and colored, eat my mom's delicious home cooked meals, hang out with my mom, dad, Lisa, and Lily, help out with and let Jack participate in his 1st ever Grandma's Party, eat at The OG and The Coppermill, and get ALL of my Christmas shopping DONE!

The good times started with Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's house with the Belnap side. We had yummy food, great company, and a fun Thanksgiving trivia quiz.
Here is Jack enjoying hanging out with Wesley and the olives. (This was taken minutes before Jack took those olives and crumbled them up all over the stairs! Stinker!)
The sis and me!
My amazing grandparents and my brave cousin, Kolby, home for Thanksgiving weekend before heading off to Afghanistan. So proud of him for serving our country!
Me and Kolby - I love this kid! He spent a lot of time at our house growing up, so I have some great memories of him! :) (I can't believe how big he has gotten!)
Me with my beautiful Mom and Grandma Belnap!
Jack and Lily in one of their favorite spots - Grandpa's lap!
Zander eating his Thanksgiving dinner - sweet potatoes!
Night 1 of the Grandma party - The kids played my game of "Just Dance," ate sloppy joes, and watched "The Grinch." Then we tried to get them all to settle down for their sleepover. Several meltdowns, multiple stories, and pretty dang late, everyone was finally asleep.
The next morning we headed down to my mom's school to decorate graham cracker houses.
Jack showing me his finished work. I let him do it all by himself!
All the kids with their finished houses! They were all pretty creative and the houses turned out great!
Then we came home and Lisa and I took the kiddos sledding! Here is Lisa and Lily!
Jack and me! Jack LOVES sledding!
Jack and Mylee hiking back up the hill!
Me and my boy! (Z stayed home with Grandma and took a nap.)
All the kiddos at the snow hill!
Lisa and me
Jack and Mylee
Side note: My mother is wonder-woman! Not only did she do an amazing Grandma party for 11 crazy grandkids, but she also is an amazing wife to my dad, works, and helps my sister with Lily! She really is amazing!
Here I was trying to get pictures of my handsome boys in their church clothes. This one looks like Jack is doing some crazy silly dance.
This one Zander attacked Jack...
And this one Z is super straight faced and Jack is doing a really fake smile because I had probably threatened him with something if he didn't smile.....Guess I can't always get cute pics!
So here is some attempts with Zander....Isn't he handsome?
Lovin his big grin!
Seriously couldn't resist including this picture of my cute, no-bummed, long, lanky boys in the bath!
My wonderful mom reading Jack, "Santa Mouse." She read him quite a lot of stories while we were there!
One night I took my boys to The Pickleville Plahouse show "Santa's Elves: A North Pole Musical." This is Jack on Santa's lap before the show started. All Jack keeps telling Santa he wants is a plane and a car....
Zander and Santa
Both boys with Santa again after the show.
My boys by a Christmas tree.
We had fun hanging out at the house....here is Jack and Lily "helping" Grandma cook.

We had a wonderful visit! We are sad that we won't be able to spend Christmas with my family this year, but we are excited to spend Christmas with Dustin's family for the the first time since 2007!

1 comment:

NAT said...

I'm glad you finally made it to Logan! Sorry it took so dang long. Those Wyoming roads are the worst! Love all the pics. We missed you at the Belnap party! :(