Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SLCC Alumni Weekend

In January, I packed up the boys and headed to Utah. The main reason for the trip was for me to attend my Salt Lake Community College alumni weekend. I definitely think it was worth the trip. Lisa was nice enough to come down with me and help me out with my kiddos. She dropped off her litle one at her grandparents and dealt with my kids, crying and peeing their pants, while I got to play in my alumni game. Here is a picture of everyone that played in the alumni game.
There were two games played, one for "The Legends" - those who played before 2001, and the "Generation X" - for those who played from 2001-2010. I played at SLCC from 2001-2003, so I was in the second game which means I was literally the OLDEST person on the floor! Awesome. Only two of my teammates actually played, Anna and Ali, but it was lots of fun. Here is Ali and me. I think in this picture she was telling me that she was surprised how well I was running the floor and in shape! Ha! I actually was proud of myself for keeping up with the young-uns.
8 years, 2 babies, and lots of pounds later, I have definitely changed from back in the day when I looked like this when I played!
However, I played pretty good in the game. I even pulled out a few of my typical left handed drive moves to the middle and a not so typical drained 3-pointer! I had like 11 points! I was proud of my performance and had lots of fun! Gosh I forgot how good it feels to play basketball!

On Saturday, we got tickets to watch SLCC vs. Snow. We were "honored" at half time. Really , they just said our names and we stood out on the court awkwardly for a few minutes and then exited.

Saturday was for sure the highlight of the trip. I got to see, visit with, and reminisce with 10 old teammates! It was so great. I happen to have the worst memory ever, so it was so fun to sit and listen to the great stories from back in the day! I feel so lucky to have been friends and teammates to some amazing women!
Then - this picture was taken at our Christmas party my freshman year
Now. It is pretty amazing that we are now moms, wives, doctors, teachers, coaches, athletic directors, pharmacists, etc! (Candace Dow Eichmeir, Brooke Hanse, Anna Nelson Dennis, Ali Aird Marchant, Trisha Williams Beutler, Crystal Carpenter, me, Candace Mattson Joseph, Lindsey Karren Winn. (Not in this pic, but there also was Jenn Cook Towner)
Here is a picture of my team at our Christmas party my sophomore year. Some of these girls are some of my best friends to this day!
And here is the big group with Coach Val and Coach Speck (and many of our kiddos!)
This is me with all of my roommates my Freshman year - Candace, Trisha, Crystal, Haley, and Anna.
And here is us all today (minus Haley) trying to strike the same pose! :)
It was such a wonderful time to visit with and catch up. We definitely need to find a way to get together more often! It had been way too long since I got to see and visit with these fun, amazing girls!
I hated to say goodbye to everyone, but there was a guy trying to clean up and this is what Lisa looked like after trying to corral 3 kids, so we finally headed home. But what a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Hi Heather! I'm on my phone, making it difficult for me to read the actual blog (Jon is hogging the computer right now) so I'll actually read it when I get the chance, but I wanted to tell you that I like the remodel of the blog. It looks good! And I'm glad you had a good time in Utah! Hopefully I'll see you soon!