Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 3: Disneyland and California Adventure!

Wednesday:  We headed back for another fun filled day at Disneyland and California Adventure.  I was not going to miss out on the fun even though my eye was red, puffy, and very sore.  It was also very sensitive to light, so I couldn't just wear my glasses because I would need my sunglasses on all day.  Therefore, we created an eye patch for me (gauze taped over my eye).  I put my contact in my other eye (along with some makeup on that eye...) and wore my sunglasses.  I looked a little crazy, but I didn't miss the fun! 
 
Unfortunately, we forgot to charge our camera, so on this day we had to depend on Lisa to let us use her camera.  In the morning we tried to hit all of the places in Disneyland that we hadn't been able to do on the first day.  We had a great time doing it all.  Some of the faves - Tower of Terror, A Bug's Life, and the parade was absolutely amazing.  It was so energetic, bright, and fun to watch!   
Some of Jack's favorite rides on this day were the carousel and the swings.  We also finally got to see Mickey Mouse himself and get our picture with him!  
Here are some other character's we were able to meet!  
We did head back for a short afternoon break, then headed back to the park at night with just Jack. (Thanks, mom!)  We were able to see a couple of other neat shows.  One was actually Monday, but I forgot to describe it.   They did a show by/on the It's A Small World ride.  It was called "The Magic, The Memories, And You."  It turned the ride into a canvas to put up pictures of park guests, and it had really neat lights and colors.  You can see a preview of it here.  
After a few rides at Disneyland with Jack, we quickly went over to California Adventure for the "World of Colors" show with Stacy, Amy, and some of the kiddos.  On the way over we stopped to snap a couple of pictures, and I absolutely love this one of Jack and Dustin.  
The "World of Colors" show was amazing!  It was like the Bellagio fountain show in Vegas on steroids!  There was lots of water, movement, fire, colors, and music.  Disney scenes were projected up onto the water.  It was pretty neat.  Another late, late night! :)  
And to end the blog about this day, I am just going to include some shots that I am not sure what day they were actually on, but I have to include them.  Jack was in absolute heaven with so many cousins around!  He absolutely loved spending time with his cousins and is lucky to have several right around his age.  Him and Brock were especially funny one night telling Knock, Knock jokes and cracking each other up!  Aubrey was the best little baby helper and was always willing to play with Zander and Raegan.  Oh it was so wonderful to be around family!  

Coming up - Thursday:  A day at the beach.

No comments: