Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Huntington Beach

Thursday: We were very excited to load up the cars and head to Huntington Beach.  The weather wasn't that warm while we were in California, only in the 70s, so it wasn't that warm at the beach.  But oh I love the ocean.  It was fun to get to see the boys experience the ocean for the first time.  But first things first, are these kids not the cutest kids ever?   I love these pictures of Jack with his favorite cousins - all born within a year of each other!  They were very excited to go to the beach or swimming or anything together! :)    
Mylee, Jack, Wesley, and Brock (and Drew)
Though it was pretty cold outside, the ocean was absolutely beautiful and the waves were amazing.  The first wave of daring people got in the water and went wave jumping.  I did not go at that time.  I was cold!  I enjoyed instead watching my boys play!  Jack loved running away from the water, Zander loved crawling into the water, even though he was shivering! And both boys loved playing in the sand, including putting it all over in their hair!  
 So my nieces and nephews discovered that there are these NASTY things in the sand called sand crabs. Some were very little and some were big like this beast!  It kinda creeped me out to know things like this were burrowed in the sand just beneath my feet!  
 Here is a great pic of Zander chasing sea gulls!  
We had a great time just watching the ocean, having a picnic, playing in sand, Dustin and Jack threw a football, and just enjoying the company of family.  It was nice to have a day where we could just enjoy each other because that was hard to do with everything to see and do at Disneyland!  Isn't that a great picture of Mylee, Wesley, and Jack!?
 I knew I would be mad at myself if I didn't actually get in the ocean, so I finally went in!  And though it was freezing, it was amazing!  Lisa and I had a lot of fun crashing into the waves and trying to body surf.  I seriously love the ocean and waves are amazing to me!  
 We had a very nice time at the beach!  Here are some of my favorite pics from the day of our little family!  
 The day with family continued when we got home.  The kids were excited to go swim in something a little warmer than the ocean so they went swimming in the pool!  Jack was in heaven and was Mr. Independent with his floaties on in the pool.   
 So we attempted to get a couple shots of the whole family (minus Brad, Holly's husband who couldn't make it).  
The Hansen clan - There were 13 adults and 18 grandkids ranging from age 13 to 1!  I sure do love this family of mine!   
What a great day with family!  

Friday: Our final day at Disneyland and California Adventure - Blog coming soon! :)  

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Hey! I love all your pictures - especially the ones of the beach, Zander crawling in the sand, and your family all together. So glad you had a great time with your family. :)