Monday, March 31, 2008

The Many Faces of Jack's First Adventures with Rice Cereal!!

The doctor gave the okay to start Jack on some rice cereal at his four month appointment! (Which by the way, Jack weighed 15 lbs 15 ounces, which I guessed exactly, and his height was 25 1/4). Anyway, so while Grandma Enslinger was here, we decided to give it a go. Grandma bought us the cereal and various feeding supplies. It has been an interesting experience....I thought it was going to be a cake walk because the very first bite I gave him, Jack opened his mouth and leaned in to take the bite......Yay!.....it has progressively gotten worse since then! The next few tries Jack tried to grab the spoon and feed himself. Then recently, he has also learned how to spit and roll his lips, so he gets really excited to have extra stuff on his lips to get to spit. He has sprayed himself and me a few times and ends up with dots of cereal all over his face. He thinks he is really funny when he holds it in for awhile and then spits it out. Dustin and I are discovering ways of how to wall the food in with the spoon or trick him into swallowing by letting him suck on the spoon or our fingers. Anyway, he does get most of it eventually down in his belly and we are having fun with this new step with Jack. Enjoy the many faces of Jack with his adventures with eating cereal!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Haha! He is so adorable! And he is getting soooooo big!! P.s. My grandma passed away last week, so I was going through her photo albums to find a picture for her obituary. And lo and behold, who did I see a photo of in my grandma's photo album?? HEATHER ANNE! Yes, you have made my grandma's photo album! My entire family got a kick out of it. Apparently you came to a family reunion and someone took a photo of us and gave it to Grandma! :)

The Enslingers said...

Mindy - Sorry about your grandma.....
P.S. I have absolutely no recollection of going to any family function of yours, but I feel very priveleged to have a place in you grandma's photo album!

Ashley and Cody said...

Feeding babies is so messy. I always have to be prepared with a wet wipe. I can't believe Jack weighs more than Trey. I just took him to his appointment and he was almost 15 lbs at 6 1/2 months. I have a little guy compared to Jack.

Mindy said...

I had no recollection of you going either!! :) Haha! :)

NAT said...

What a cutie pie. It seems like once they want to feed themselves, it only gets more and more messy. I'm with Ash - I always have the wet wipes nearby.