Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend in Logan



I have so many amazing women in my life!! I have been blessed with two amazing grandmothers, a sweet grandmother-in-law, and a wonderful, loving, fun mother-in law. My mother-in-law, Patty, raised Dustin to be such an awesome, loving, sweet man, husband, and father. I am extremely thankful to her for raising such an outstanding son, and also for the mother that she now is to Dustin and I. She is also such a fun, attention-giving, over-spoiling grandma to Jack!

But now I I would like to write a little something about my mother so that those unfortunate people who do not have the privilege of knowing my amazing mother can know how very blessed I am! I could go on for pages about how great she is, but I will try to keep it to a minimum. My mother truly is the most wonderful woman! Simply put she is so selfless, caring, supportive, hard working, loving, funny, fun, Christ-like, sweet, thoughtful, and beautiful. I can only hope one day to have a small portion of the amazing characteristics that she has as a woman, a wife, a mother, a family member, a friend, and a humanitarian. I truly feel so blessed to have her for my mother and Jack is super lucky to have such am amazing grandma! Thank you mother for being the most wonderful mom any gal could hope for! I hope you had a great Mother's Day, and I am glad I was there to share it with you! I love you lots!!

We went down to Logan for Mother's Day weekend to spend it with my mom, dad, and sister, Lisa. (Well we had fun with Lisa in between her working 5 shifts in 3 days!) We played games, watched the Jazz win a couple of games on TV, visited both of my amazing grandmas, and got to see my sis-in-law Stacy and her kids. Dustin also got to go golfing with my dad, which he has been aching to do. We took my mom out to dinner at The Copper Mill for Mother's Day on Saturday night, and on Sunday she made us an amazing dinner, which she probably shouldn't have done on her special day, but it was AMAZING! Jack started getting sick on the drive down, and by Thursday night had a pretty mean cough and a runny nose. He tried to be happy for everyone though. It was too short of a trip, but it was lots of fun! Mostly, it was wonderful to spend my first Mother's Day with my dear mother. I forgot my camera most places we went, but here are some pictures from when we came home from church on Mother's Day and a few other snapshots.


3 comments:

NAT said...

It sounds like a great weekend! You're right...your Mom IS great. She's always been one of my favorite aunts and is such a good woman. We love you, Shauna! :)

Mindy said...

Hmm ... let's see if the next time I'm in Montana if I tell you! Hmph! Hahaha, just kidding. :) I am never in Montana anyway! :)

Kristin Wilkerson said...

Hey Heather! So I'm very new to the world of blogging and I've been checking out all the blogs to see how exactly this business goes down. You sure have connections to a lot of people still. It's cool hopefully someday someone will look at my blog too! Ha! Your baby is cute!