Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Mother's Day!

I thought that since it was my first Mother's Day on Sunday that it would be okay to do a post dedicated to being a mom to Jack. Being a mother is the most amazing thing I have ever experienced in my life. The joy I felt the moment I saw him after he was born, after the shock of his HUGENESS wore off :), was indescribable - I have never known such happiness, or such love, in my life! Who knew that a little baby boy could bring such happiness each day to me and make me feel so loved! In the morning when we go to get him out of bed and he looks up at me with those big blue eyes and a huge smile, as if I am his hero for rescuing him from his crib, is a happy, precious moment. Those moments continue on all day long! His little smiles and excitement at me talking to him throughout the day makes me so happy! I love making him laugh, and will really do anything crazy to get a giggle out of him! He truly is a sweet, fun, wonderful baby! He entertains me with his jumping, "talking", roaring, squealing, kicking, arm movements, and overall pure happiness and contentment. Not to mention, he puts up with me acting so crazy and posing him for a bazillion pictures! He is amazing and I am so thankful that right now I am able to be home all day with him. That is a huge blessing in my life, and I can't imagine it being any other way! He is my little buddy and sidekick all day, every day! He is my absolute joy! I love you Jack!



I don't usually put very many pictures of me on here, but for this occasion I will, but be warned, some of the pics are kinda beastly! :) However, here's a few pics of mommy and son anyway:

I love to cuddle with Jack! He is a pretty cuddly baby....at least when he is getting tired. He is also learning how to give hugs and kisses. I must say that he gives some of the best "loves" ever - He drapes his arms around our neck, squeezes a little, or just dips his head down against our chests.



My absolute favorite time of day is in the morning when I get to lay in bed with Jack and cuddle. We play, sing songs, and snuggle. Then we get to go back to sleep....I absolutely love and cherish this bonding time that we have! :)



Jack's shirt says, "I love my mommy" and yes, he does! :) He shows it so well too! He makes me feel so special and needed.



Nice slobber Jack! That's okay! I still love you! (BTW, I love how he always touches my face like in this picture!) So....
does he have my eyes? Some people say maybe so....



Going down the slide!



Getting ready to go swimming!



Here is Mommy and son posing all cute before a night out with Daddio! Then one minute later.....



.....I think we are still posing all cutesie, but no, my son is actually eating my hair (filled with curling products) as I am smiling on completely oblivious! :) Whoops!



One last thing, Dustin got me beautfiul bracelet for Mother's Day with a lock and key charm on it. He told me I am the key to our whole family and to his happiness! What a sweety! Thank you Dustin for always telling me that I am a wonderful mother! I love you and Jack more than anything! And.....Happy Mother's Day to me! :) More on my wonderful mother later! :)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

What a cute little mommy you are!! :)

NAT said...

What a sweet post!

I can actually hear you saying the word, "beastly." I think that's a Hansen family favorite. :)

Jack definitely has your eyes and it was neat to read your thoughts and feelings about motherhood. It definitely is a special thing.

I love the picture where you and Jack are sleeping. I miss those days when Emma would sleep by me - when she was young enough that she wouldn't roll off the bed. Those were some of the sweetest moments.

Happy Mother's Day, Heather! You're a lucky woman and those boys are lucky to have you!

chelseyandmatt said...

that seriously just made me cry. you are awesome and i miss you so much!! jack is so so so cute! anyway, i also wanted to let you know that im pregnant!!! yay!

Anna said...

You are a great mommy. And it only gets better. Just wait till they talk and come up to you unexpectantly and say, "I love you Mommy!" Oh! Fun times. Good job.

p.s. i just saw Chelsey's comment. Pregnant! Tell her congrats for me!