Monday, December 15, 2008

The last couple of weeks...

Well we have been busy the last couple of weeks at the Enslinger home. It just seems like December and the holidays have come upon us so quickly! Dustin has been going on lots of road trips with the basketball team, and Jack and I are trying to get ready for Christmas. Decorations up, shopping done, etc. We aren't done yet either. We also have been sick around here! I have been sick since Thanksgiving, Dustin had a three day sickness, and Jack had a double ear infection. He would wake up screaming in the night in pain, he didn't have an appetite, and the Amoxicillin that he was on did crazy things to his poop. One night he even threw up like 3 times. Each time was on me. We went through a lot of clothes that night. Sorry for the gross picture with vomit chunks and all, but isn't he a trooper? Look how happy he looks, vomit and all!!

Here is a few other things we have been up to lately. We tried the mohawk out on Jackie Bean....I think he likes it! :)

Dustin has been on the road every weekend for like the last 3 weeks, so Jack and I hang out and go on Mommy/Son dates. A couple weeks ago we went to the Christmas Stroll downtown to see the lights. Here is Jack and I, very excited about our date!

Mommy and Jack at the Christmas Stroll downtown. Jack got to see Christmas lights, lots of people, Alpacas, and we shared a sugar cinnamon scone. Nice date night! (This was all before the -20 weather that we have been having here the last few days. That night was a quite pleasant 40 degrees.)

We got our awesomely lame 4 foot fake tree set up. Jack and Chewie have done remarkably well with it, after the first day and a few tears and scoldings. :)

Hanging out with Mommy on one of our lonely nights. Jack is sporting some super cute pajama pants that his aunt Holly made him for his birthday!

Jack has been crawling up onto everything lately: The coffee table, the couch, chairs, boxes, whatever he can! (And he occasionally falls back down. Maybe he will learn sometime about the law of physics....)

We decided to take pictures ourselves and make a Christmas card. So here is Jack and Daddy taking pictures in the snow in their darling twinner sweaters!

And took Christmas pictures with Mommy by the midget tree...

And took family pictures to put on our Christmas card. This one and the one at the top of our blog were the best results. That's what you get when you just work with your own backdrop and a self-timer! :) Pretty cute family, if I may say so! :)


Life is going pretty good for us. I can't wait for Christmas break from school, and I am excited to go down and spend 6 days in Logan for Christmas. Dustin will even get to join us for 3 days after a road trip! This will also be the first year in several years that Dustin and I will spend New Year's Eve together! I love this time of year, but for some reason this year I am having a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit....I am working on it, and the snow storm we got helps (I love snow!), even though it is negative degrees outside. But I am so thankful for this time of year of beauty, love, service, and for the opportunity we have to celebrate our Savior's birth! I WILL get in the festive spirit!! You just wait! :) My guess it will happen Friday, December 19th when I am done with work and get a 16 day break! :) Hope you all are enjoying this wonderful time of year!

2 comments:

NAT said...

Love the vomit picture (okay, so it was a little nasty, but I'm glad you posted it), love the matching sweaters, love the Christmas tree, etc, etc. I'm glad that you guys are doing well. You have such a cute family. Merry Christmas!

Mindy said...

You.did.NOT.take.a.picture.of.your.child.and.his.vomit. Oh, wait. You did! HEATHER ANNE!!!!!! HA HA HA!!! P.s. I am expecting to see you this week!!!!