Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving in Utah

Jack and I headed down to Utah for Thanksgiving. Dustin was already gone on a road trip when we left, so we went a week without seeing him. It was not fun and both Jack and I were very ready to get home to Dustin. But we did have a great time down in Logan. We spent the week at my mom's house. We ate great food, went for walks, played at the park, ate at the OG, and helped Grandma with laundry....sort of...

Jack also enjoyed playing Grandma's piano.


My mom's cooking is amazing and the Thanksgiving dinner was delicious! Jack feasted pretty darn good on his first Thanksgiving dinner. He especially loved the pie, rolls, and the cranberry jelly that Grandpa let him taste. Good for him, when I tried that cranberry crap I dry heaved and nearly puked. Here is Jack content and full after his dinner.

My mom, sister in law, and I even got up on Black Friday and went shopping. I accomplished very little in the morning as I was tired and on my second day of being sick. (Yes, I got sick while down there, had a sore throat, no voice, and it was not fun.) However, I redeemed myself when I went shopping later in the day and accomplished quite a bit of my Christmas shopping.

Jack absolutely loves his cousins, and they love him. Jack had so much fun watching them, playing with them, and receiving lots of attention from them all! Here he is with Drew and Ryan.

Aubrey loved carrying Jack around. Doesn't Jack look comfy!? :)

Playing with Grandma, cousins, and dogs. Jack and the kids loved the dogs. Mylee was even reading the dog stories.

Watching a movie with cousins. This didn't last long....Ryan brought Jack up a few minutes later and said Jack was being too "wild and crazy." :)

Bryce is such a fun uncle. Here is Wesley, Aubrey, and Conner getting a nice little ride.

My family always has some good, competitive times playing games. Only in my family can things get a little heated during a game of pictionary! :)

They put on The Nutcracker every year in Logan. Growing up, we never went. My mom feels bad about that, so she decided to take Lisa and me, my two sister-in-laws and some of my nieces to it. It was great and we had a pretty fun time. We also went and got ice cream after and shared our favorite parts of the ballet. A lot of us caught a case of the giggles, and I was especially interested to find out my sis-in-laws favorite part was the white tight pants the Sugar Plum King wore which showed off his.....assets. :) Here is the group that went!
/
Thanks Mom for helping Lisa and I rekindle our youth! :) P.S. Give us a break on our ballet form. We were basketball players, not dancers! :)

Saying goodbye to Aunt Lisa and Uncle Bryce

As I was on my way back in through the kitchen as I was loading my car up, I accidentally opened the door right into Jack, and I think I squished his fingers. He was super sad, but his awesome grandpa that he loves so much took him out to swing on the swings and cheered him right up.

Here is Jack getting ready to say goodbye to his Grandma!

Thanks to my family for some good times, good food, and good memories! I love you all! See you at Christmas!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How Fun! I love your family and I have been apart of those intense games that go from fun to pretty heated! OH and you and Lisa need to stick to sports... not dancing! j/k Jack is so cute and I love his big beautiful blue eyes! Even though he didn't gain much from 9 to 12 months... he was still 3 1/2 pounds bigger than Hallee was at 12 months. Hallee wasonly 23 pounds at her 2 year! I htink he will be just fine!

Mindy said...

I will be home ALL Christmas break!! TWO WEEKS off of work and everything!!! We WILL meet up then!! :)

NAT said...

What a fun time! I'm jealous that you went to the Nutcracker. The only time I've ever gone was with my Mom and our late, Uncle Kevin. It was a good time.

It wasn't the same with out you at the Belnap Christmas party. :) I'm sad that that Lisa is moving too!

These are some great pictures! Your smile reminds me of your Mom, your Dad is looking skinny, and Stacy's hair is getting super long!

Anyway, I'm glad that you had a good time. Oh, and I like your family picture and blog layout.

chelseyandmatt said...

So i love all of your cute pictures! But..my favorite is your family picture at the top! That is seriously Soo cute!! I love their matching sweaters. When did you take thaT?!