Friday, August 20, 2010

Trip to Utah

At the end of July/beginning of August, me and the boys headed out to Utah to spend some time with friends and family! We had a great time but were definitely happy to get back home to Dustin after a week and a half too! Here are some highlights from our trip:

Here is Zander excited to be at Grandma Hansen's house for the first time! (We were all not so happy to hear the pounding on the roof as my parent's were getting new shingles put on....)
We got to spend lots of time with crazy, cute Lily Lynn!
Here is Zander with his cousin, Dillon.
Jack getting ready to go for a walk. (Doesn't he look like such a big boy here?)
After a couple of days at my mom's we headed up to Lava Hot Springs for the Belnap family reunion. I love that place! We have grown up going there and there is just something special about it to me. In reality, it really isn't THAT amazing, but to me with all of memories and good family times associated with it, it is AWESOME. Dustin was amazing and drove out by himself to meet us just for the reunion. Thank goodness he decided to come. Camping and going to the pool with two kids was already a little rough, it would have been borderline impossible without him!
Here is Jack playing the ladder ball game with his Great Grandpa Belnap
Jack and his cousin Ryan. I think they look so much alike!
Dustin helping Mylee and Jack do the Teeter Totter.
Dustin and some of the other menfolk practicing their golf swings before dinner and before they headed out to play the next morning. I think this is hilarious. What dorks! :)
My Aunt Pat went all out and the reunion was amazing. Jack was very excited about The Candy Shoppe where they all received pennies and could go buy candy...then they also got movie treats and watched a movie outside on a big screen. There is Jack front and center enjoying his movie treat of Cheetos.
Dustin and Zander snuggling.
Jack and Mylee

Zander and his cute hat my friend, Missy M, made!
Zander with my awesome brother, Kirk.
My beautiful and amazing mom with Dillon, Zander, and Lily. She was also amazingly helpful with my kiddos at the campout and pool.
Jack getting ready to go swim. He was nervous at first but then became quite the little fish!
Jack and me!
Zander really did spend a lot of the time at the pool sleeping like this. Jack of course would not rest, but did lay down by Zander just for a second.
The family who dared go float the river in the evening after a storm. It actually did warm back up and was pretty fun! Cassidee, me, Dustin, Madison, Zac, and Tage.
Jack playing on the tire swing.
Dustin and his boys at the Sunday morning devotional.
Our family (after 2 days of camping!)
Lisa and Lily
My wonderful Grandma talking to us!
Here is Jack wanting to show off his hat that he made at the family reunion.
We had a great time at the reunion seeing family, swimming, floating the river, eating delicious food, and listening to people share family memories at the Sunday morning devotional. I also had to speak. Good times. Some not so good times were the rain storms, the crazy wind that destroyed some families tents, and the last night when Dillon threw up all over in our tent! :)
We then said goodbye to Dustin for a week and headed back to my mom and dad's house. Zander enjoyed some snuggle time with Grandpa.
We went to the Willow Park Zoo! Cute monkeys!
Zander enjoying a stroll through the zoo!
My mom and dad, Lily, and Jack
Jack and the sweet big tortoise
Me and my boys!
Lily swinging
Jack swinging
Zander, Lily, and Jack with Grandma and Grandpa at the zoo/park.
Lily really is so busy and fun to be around!
We got to celebrate my dad's bday with him. Here is Jack helping him blow out his candles!
More crazy Lily!
We went and got pictures taken of the boys. (I will put those on later.) Then we got to go to dinner with one of my bestest friends of all time, Mindy Marie, at the OG. Here is Mindy with Zander.
Here we all were. She was a good sport about eating with us while Zander had a meltdown and Jack was being naughty! It was wonderful to get to visit with her! She is so amazing!
One day we went down to Kirk and Amy's house. We played in their awesome backyard and also went to a Splash Park with Stacy and her kids who came up to see us too!
Here is Mylee, Drew, and Jack playing in the sand box.
Mylee and Jack on the trampoline
Mylee and Jack enjoying and dinosaur bath together
The next day we headed down to Draper to see our friends, the Bergesons, who had moved away before us from Bozeman.
We ate at In N Out Burger
We stopped at a park and to see the Draper temple.
Jack and Abe had fun together...but kind of a Bipolar/Love/Hate relationship... :)
Me and my boys on the temple grounds.
Jack took this picture of me and Missy! I sure do love this girl. We sat and visited for literally hours and the time went so fast! I miss them!
Abe and Jack watching TV after some good naps.
The next day I was able to go to lunch with my three best friends from high school. Here is Tana, me, Amos, and Kristin. It was so great to see them. How lucky that we could all be in town at the same time. I sure love these girls!
After lunch, I took Jack to experience his first snow cone/shaved ice!
I got to get my hair done, then that night we went to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa and Lisa and Lily. After dinner, all of us but Lisa went Cosmic Bowling - another first for Jack!
We all had to take turns helping Jack and holding the two babies while also taking our turns bowling. It was kind of an adventure, but a fun little memory!
Here is me and my boys when we went on a walk with my mom and Lily down by the Logan River.
Jack taking a turn pushing Lily!
My dad reading Jack a story before we left.
Some last snuggle time. Zander and my beautiful, amazing, wonderful mother who did SO much for us while we were there....even letting me have some rare alone time! :)

It was so wonderful to see so many friends and family members! It was a fun, busy trip! It was wonderful to get home to Dustin though too! :)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Ahh, miss ya Heather. Looks like a fun time!

Mindy said...

The only way this post could have been better is if it talked about me more. ;) I didn't realize Lily's hair was strawberry blonde! AND: your cousing Cassidy is ... BIG NOW! I stil expect her to be, oh five. P.s. I hope Amos reads this comment because I have to say something. When we run into each other she basically acts like we don't know each other. Which is amusing. And rude. ;) Haha