Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bloody Thursday

Today I had probably one of my scariest moments in mommyhood yet. Me and the boys had just gotten home from getting the car's oil changed. Jack was playing with his "scary teeth" and decided he needed his "scary mask" too. So he went up to his bedroom to find it. I was feeding Zander downstairs and next thing I know I hear Jack crying (and not even that hard...) so I brought Zander upstairs and put him in his bed then went into Jack's room to see what was wrong. This is the shocking sight that met my eyes:
I, of course, freaked out a little. He told me that he was trying to pull his mask out of the bottom toy drawer and it was stuck. As he pulled, it made the Jack in the Box fall off the top and a corner of it must have hit Jack's head just right. I frantically called Dustin and told him to come home. Jack's head wasn't bleeding anymore, but I couldn't even tell where the blood had come from. I got a towel and washed his face off. My sweet boy was apologizing to me for him having made the toy fall on his head, and I was crying so he kept asking me if I was alright. His sweetness, and the ridiculousness of him thinking he needed to apologize in that moment, made me cry even more as I was wiping oodles of blood from his face! When everything was cleaned off it was just his little cut that made all that blood:
And Jack was feeling fine and excited that Daddy was now home early for lunch! However, the tiny little gash looked pretty deep so we headed up to Dustin's work to let him put a little glue on it to hold it together and let it heal. Here is the tough little guy with his head glued back together.
We then took him for a Happy Meal at McDonald's. The rest of today, I don't think he even has given his head wound another thought. I have been a little shook up all day with the image of my bloody baby in my head. It was a scary incident, but all is well!

6 comments:

Cory & Rebeca said...

oh my!!!! that 1st picture gave me chills! i'm glad Jack is ok- he is the sweetest little boy!

NAT said...

That is so crazy that that little cut could create that much blood. Poor little Jack. How sweet that he was apologizing and feeling bad. :(

bryceandjamie said...

Poor Jack! Ouch! I'm glad everything turned out okay.

chelseyandmatt said...

OH MY GOSH...when I first saw that picture, it made me sick. Glad to know it wasn't as bad as it looks! He is a tough little kid, he is not even crying in the picture, cracks me up! How is everything in your new home? We will have to skype sometime!

Kristin Dyer said...

I can't believe that was real, I thought maybe it was a practice for Halloween. Hope your day goes better tomorrow!

Haley+Salesi said...

oh how scary !!!! So glad you are ok Jack!!! :)