Thursday, October 27, 2011

A visit to Grandma and Grandpa Belnap's House

 One of the highlights of my trip to Utah was spending some time at my Grandma and Grandpa Belnap's house one day!  It was so great to see them, chat, enjoy their DELICIOUS produce and Grandma's cooking, ride the 4-wheeler, and just sit and enjoy their company in their beautiful backyard.  My Grandparents are well into their 80s but they are truly AMAZING and so full of love and life!

Jack was super excited to get some rides on the 4 wheeler with Grandpa around the church parking lot.  I had fun giving both boys rides and going a couple of times by myself too so I could go fast! :)    
 Here are some fun pictures from our visit.  Jack and Z both mowed down their corn on the cob and enjoyed popsicles on the porch.  In the bottom middle picture they are showing off some of the yummy veggies that we got to take home with us!  Yippee!  
My Grandma is so beautiful and sweet! She always says I am a girl after her own heart, and I am happy to be!   She is amazing, and I am glad I have things in common with her.  I love to visit with her!  She was so fun with Jack in her back yard.  She showed him snap dragons and how to make a doll out of another kind of flower!  I bet she was such a fun mom to have! :)
Grandpa!  What a guy!  


 I absolutely love this picture of my Grandma and me!  I will treasure it always!
 And I love this picture of my Grandpa! This is how I will always remember him, in his boots, in his garden, and in his element! :)  While I was there he taught me about how corn and potatoes grow (no.  I didn't know before) and about how he plants and waters his garden.  It was interesting, educational, and I sure am appreciative of his garden!  
 Another great picture!  This picture shows my Grandparent's beautiful flowers and Zander having way too much fun playing in the dirt! :)
 Oh it was a wonderful visit, and I am so thankful for the times I have to spend with my amazing grandparents!

On the way home we stopped at Kirk and Amy's house.  Jack had a great time playing with Miss Mylee.
 We also made a stop to see the beautiful Brigham City temple that is being built!

2 comments:

katesmith said...

Thank You! Thank You!my sweet Heather.You truly made my day. The pictures are so precious and brought a tear, because you are so far away and I love you so much and Wish for more special days with you. Give the dear boys a hug from me and LOADS OF LOVE to you.
Your forever Grandma B

Ashley and Cody said...

What an amazing post!! We have been sooo blessed with wonderful grandparents, and extended family! I'm grateful for all the wonderful memories we have together, and grandma and grandpa are one of a kind! They are the vest and I loved seeing all the pictures you posted!! Thanks for tagging me so I could read this! Love you Heather:)