Wednesday, January 23, 2013

August

I told Dustin yesterday that not much happened in August and September, so I would be able to get caught up easily. I was wrong. I forgot how chuck full of activities those months were! So here is August!  
  
We had lived here 2 years and never and went and checked out our very own "Oasis" mini golf course.  It is certainly nothing amazing, but it is pretty cute and the boys love it!!  Here some of our pics mini golfing as a family!  

Dustin went to Canada in August with the basketball team to a tournament, so I headed to Utah and spent some time with my fam! I missed out on our family party at the cabin because that is when we were in Kansas, but I got to go up and spend some time at the cabin at Bear Lake too!
Here are the boys enjoying Grandma and Grandpa's big back yard, going for a walk along the river and  throwing rocks in, celebrating my Dad's birthday, and doing sweet tricks on the swing set! :)  
Zander diving in the pool in the back yard.  The boys had SO much fun!  
Then in the middle of the week we went up to just spend the day at Bear Lake with my dad!  Here are some fun highlights!  The boys showing off the new furniture.
Playing on the beach!  
Snacking and resting!  
Playing at the park on the beach!   
 Zander was cracking me up how he dipped his head in the water!
  And my dad treated us to some DELICIOUS La Beau's after! Mmmmm raspberry shakes, fry sauce, corn dogs, and fries! :)
 I was also able to do some fun things with just me and the boys while we were in Logan!
We went mini golfing!

 
Then we went and ran through a splash pad in our clothes!  Then we went and go snow cones!  Yes I am soaked and my boys are eating their snow cones without pants or completely without clothes in Zander's case! :)  Such a fun day with my boys! :)  
After a few fun days hanging out in Logan, we headed back up to Bear Lake for fun at the cabin! This time, mom, Lisa, Stacy, and Riley and Conner came with us!   
Isn't this beautiful? This is a picture I took off the deck of the cabin one morning!  
 1) Hanging out on the cabin deck  2) watching the Lorax before bed 3) Ride with Lily and Conner 4) Z playing 5) Z lounging 6) My mommy braiding my hair for old times sake! :)

Playing at the beach and burying Ruggles!

Playing at the pool!  Zander was a crazy man jumping into the kiddie pool! Check out his dive, er....belly flop! :)

We had such a fun week in Utah and at the cabin with family!  We were excited to get back home to see Daddy!  He had been gone for a week to Canada!  He brought the boys T-shirts and cute stuffed animals in Canada hoodies, and he brought me a cute Canada olympic team hoodie!



We spend the rest of August spending time together before school started again!  
I took the boys to the Splash Park, the swimming pool, and other parks lots!   Yes Zander was so wiped out he fell asleep in my arms at the pool!  The picture of Jack with a girl is his favorite girl, Milan!      
Pre-season football scrimmage with Daddy!  
A date night for me and Dustin! Woohoo! These don't happen nearly enough!  
We had some fun new friends move here from Florida - the Hottmans!   We are glad they are here! What a fun family!  Here is Dustin with his boys and Jason with his boys when we went hiking out at Vedauwoo!     

 More fun at Vedauwoo!  Hiking and making hot dogs!
 And one last thing - We celebrated Dustin's 31st birthday!  
Some of our friend's kids - my kid's best friends!  Olsen, Brady, Emma, Tanner, and Jack!  

And there is August! What a fun month!   

No comments: