Tuesday, January 22, 2013

St.Louis!!

So Dustin and I drove from Shawn and Melissa's house to St. Louis. Unfortunately, for the entire drive my contact solution was leaking on our camera. I totally ruined our camera! I was so sad, so all of these pictures are from Dustin's phone!  

Here we are very excited for a night out on the town without kiddos! :)  
We didn't have tons of time together with Dustin in classes and meeting and such, but when we had time we went and saw the main thing I wanted to see in St. Louis, The ARCH!  It is pretty amazing!  

And of course we had to do something that Dustin wanted to do really bad - Go to a Cardinals game! :)  
Oh and did I mention that they were giving out free Carlos Beltran jerseys for the game so Dustin and I waited in 100+ degree temps for WAY too long! :)  

Another night out at a Don Joy party!  Dustin mostly socialized, chatted with people he needed to, hung out with his buddy Junior, and I sat in the lobby and read my book! :)   
 A few other pics from our adventures in St. Louis. It was fun to walk around the streets, see the sights, he art work, the fountains, parks, and neat restaurants.

After Dustin's conference was over, I did not feel like I had seen enough of St. Louis, so instead of getting on the road to Kansas, I made Dustin take me to see some sights!  We ate at a delicious and very popular smokehouse called Pappy's. It was SO delicious, but the wait was like 2 hours!

 We went and saw the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis. This places was so beautiful! I have never seen anything like it!  So beautiful!


 Our last stop was the Missouri Botanical  Gardens!  This place was also amazing! So beautiful! They were having a Chinese lantern display inside when we were there and had all kind of amazing lanterns!  It would have been neat to see them all lit up at night! There was also these amazing dragons stretching across 3 ponds that were made only of glass tea cups, plates, silverware, etc! So neat!  


Then we are on the road back to reality, out kids and the 4th of July, Kansas style!  

No comments: