Monday, January 14, 2008

Take Two

Okay, we will give this blog another go.....Two days after my first attempt to start our blog, our big/little Jack arrived! Here is the story: Throughout this pregnancy, there were a few problems that came up. I had a miscarriage before getting pregnant with Jack, so the doctor was watching me extra close this time. Then during an ultrasound they discovered that I had a Subchorionic Hemorrhage (the placenta was pulling away from the uterine wall and filling with blood). Because of this, I had to/got to have an ultrasound every 4 weeks. We knew I was growing a BIG baby. Near the end of the pregnancy, it was also discovered that part of the umbilical cord was non-helical, which could be dangerous during birth. For all of these reasons, my doctor (who we LOVE) decided a C-section would be the best idea. So we had one scheduled for the following week. My body had other ideas. Friday night, November 10th, I went into labor. I labored at home, went for walks with Dustin, and tried to decide what to do until about 2:00 on Saturday November 11th. Finally we went into the doctor, they got everything ready for a C-section, and Jack came into the world a little after 5!

Our little/big man weighed in at a whopping 10 pounds 10.6 ounces and was 21 1/2 inches long!

He is now two months old and is 13 pounds 1 ounce and is super tall at 24 1/4 inches long! He is so sweet and cute! We are enjoying every moment of being his mommy and daddy!

No comments: