Thursday, January 31, 2008

We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet



I have just been thinking so much this week about President Hinckley and the amazing life that he lived! I just wanted to take a minute to talk about some of his amazing and endearing qualities. I truly feel like he was MY prophet because he has been the prophet through a lot of my crucial growing up stages (the good and the bad) and testimony building over the last 13 years. Through it all I have loved this man! He was not only an amazing spiritual leader, humanitarian, and scholar, but he just seems so real too. He was so witty, sweet, energetic, realistic, fun, blunt, and oh so loving to his wife! I feel we have been extremely lucky to have him as our leader and to help our religion become more known and understood. He truly was an amazing man and I will miss hearing his sweet voice and seeing his bright smile when General Conference rolls around again. I know his greeting in heaven was probably amazing and sweet! I look forward to the words of a new prophet in this new stage of my life.

No comments: