Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Minge Family Visit!

Dustin's sister and her family came out for a visit this past weekend! It was nice of them to come visit and we loved having them. We hadn't seen them since the beginning of September. Jack's cute little cousin Gillian sure had changed a lot since then! She is now 8 months and Jack is 15 months. They are exactly 7 months apart. It was so fun to watch them play and interact. It was pretty neat seeing Gillian perfecting her her crawl and Jack perfecting his walk in the same week. When I first came home and was holding Gillian on my lap, Jack acted a little jealous and tried to climb up on my lap too. It was pretty funny! We didn't do a ton while they were here, but it was fun to wrestle, play, chat, go out to eat, go shopping, go to Museum of the Rockies, and go to the Cat/Griz basketball game. I forgot my camera for most activities. Oops. Anyway, it was a fun little visit! Here are some highlights and pictures:
Jack and Gillian enjoyed playing on the floor and "getting" Melissa and Dustin. Here is Jack and Gillian wrestling with Dustin and "getting" him!

We went to the Cat/Griz basketball game. It wasn't a very good game, but it was a fun, loud atmosphere. Gillian managed to fall asleep anyway. Here is my little stud Jack decked out in his MSU jersey and sweet Nike kicks after the Cat/Griz game.

GILLIAN! She seriously is so cute with really big eyes too!

JACK JACK!!

BATH TIME! I managed to bathe two babies, put one down for a nap, take a shower, and cook some food while Dustin, Melissa, and Shawn went shopping. I tried to tell Dustin that this proves I am ready for another baby! I don't think he thought it proved anything! :)

Jack, his Daddy, and his cousin Gillian hanging out

Dustin and Gillian

Jack and Gillian

Gillian put up with a lot from Jack while she was here. She is one tough cookie, however after they bonked heads playing on the bed, she was not a happy camper.

Cute Gillian bundled up and decked out in her Nebraska gear and ready for her long day of traveling home.

Before they left, we all went to breakfast at IHOP. Here is the cute little Minge family before they said goodbye!

Right before we had to say goodbye.

I got a sub for my first class of the day so I could go to breakfast with them, but I didn't get to go see them off at the airport. Jack and Dustin did that. We had a great time even though we really didn't do that much. But it was so nice of Melissa, Shawn, and Gillian to come visit us! Thanks for the visit, and we can't wait to see you guys again!

2 comments:

Kristin Wilkerson said...

Looks like fun! I love when my brother comes to visit it's just nice having someone else around :)

Unknown said...

YAY... get pregnant... you gotta catch up to our family! :) If you can take care of two that are 7 months apart just think that Jack and the next will be over 2 years apart so its all good!