Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wrapping up 2012....Finally! :)

December is always such a magical and fun month, especially having to excited boys!  This will be a LONG post, but it was such a wonderful, memory filled month that I need to record it!  
My cute boys helping decorate our little tree!  
Much needed hair cutes for our crazy, cute boys!  
I will want me and the boys to remember this crazy game they made up.  They get every pillow, blanket, or stuffed animal they can find in the house and make a big line.  Then they run through, jump off the couch, roll, etc on it!  
After my friend Amanda took our family pictures, (I will post more of them next!) I tried to capture a few myself of my boys. (Since when we got pictures it was cold and Zander was pouty and not happy!)  As you can see, none exactly turned out amazing, but still pretty cute!  :)
 All our Christmas decorations!  
The boys at the UW athletic department Christmas party.

My silly boys showing off their Christmas Jammies, Christmas socks, and Z in our Christmas book box and being a Christmas pirate? ;)

We were so excited that Dustin's family Christmas was in Colorado this year. This meant his parents came out and stayed with us for a few days and we did fun things like this....Sword fights with empty wrapping paper rolls! :)

Some other pluses:  we didn't have to travel far, and we actually got to be in our own house for Christmas morning!  On the 23rd my family did their Christmas get together back in Utah, so the boys got to open their presents from the Hansen side of the family that day.  (Sorry for Z looking like a blurry alien in this one!)

Then on the 24th, Grandma and Grandpa let them open some presents before we then headed down to Dustin's cousins house for a Christmas Eve dinner and lots more presents! :)
Here is Jack with the awesome rescue helicopter he got from Uncle Shawn and Aunt Melissa!

Dustin with the neat present his mom made for him!

Z man waiting so patiently to open some presents. Love the little smirk on his face!

I also got to open some presents and I was SOOOO excited when I opened my present from Lynn and Patty! They got me a super nice Canon Rebel fancy camera! I had so much fun taking pictures and experimenting with my camera!   Look how great these pics look compared to the ones with our crappy camera in previous pics on this post! :)

The boys super excited about the presents and handing out the presents to everyone! What good helpers! :)
 More party fun!  My boys were so spoiled by Dustin's parents, Grandma, and all his cousins!
 The picture of all the craziness! :)
 Great Grandma with her Great Grandkids!
 Grandma with almost all of her Grandchildren.  (Melissa was missing!)
 I love, love this picture of Dustin with his mommy! :)  
 Grandma Enslinger with the board I made her.
Everyone!  
It was late and snowy when we came back to our house for the night.  The boys fell asleep on the drive and we put them to bed and made sure to leave stuff out for Santa, for the boys! :)  Christmas morning was so much fun with the boys! They were so excited over everything!  As you can tell, Z especially liked his Super Jammies!!
Some more Christmas morning pictures!  I made the "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" sign for Z, the "Cowboy Up" one for Dustin, and the temple block and CTR sign for Jack!  Light sabers, lego play, etc! :)   
 We then had to say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa!  We were so glad they could spend Christmas with us, just wish they didn't have to leave on Christmas Day!
The boys with Grandma and Grandpa before they headed home!  
 Dustin's cute parents! :)  
 We enjoyed the rest of the day just hanging out as a family, unwrapping a few more family gifts, and going sledding!  
Here is the aftermath after all the present opening was done! Spoiled! :)  
The boys were so excited to go play in the snow with Mommy and Daddy! I was excited to have more fun with my camera!  
 Seriously look how cool this pic is! You can see the snowball Dustin is throwing at me!

 More fun in the snow! Sledding in the street!

Then we decided to go try to find a hill to sled on! We found a nice one in a little neighborhood!
So much fun! Love the expressions on their faces!  
 One more fun picture of Christmas stuff:  the boys showing off their new jammies they got for Christmas, and us all having hot chocolate after sledding! 

What a wonderful Christmas we had!! Fully of fun, food, and family!!

I decided to head to Utah for the last week of December and to bring in the New Year!  We first stayed at Lisa's house for a couple of days! Here are our crazy kids!
 My mom came down and we had a wonderful night with her, Lisa, her boyfriend, Matt, and Lily! We went to the big City Creek Mall in Salt Lake cuz I wanted to see it and never had before. We also went over to Temple Square to see the lights.
The kids watching the fish in the creek at City Creek and playing on the rocks!   
My boys wrestling on the rocks!

More crazy pics! :)
It was freezing, but the lights and temple were absolutely beautiful!  
My cute boys!  
Did I mention is was seriously FREEZING, but SO beautiful! And wonderful to spend time with my mom and sister!  
The Salt Lake temple!  
Me and Jack  and me and Z
 
Me and my boys! Love those red lights!    
Another pic of the beautiful Salt Lake Temple!   
 Just had to include this picture! My sweet boys asleep practically holding hands! Not how I laid them down, but so precious! :)  


One last thing:  New Year's Eve Day we were able to meet our friends, the Bergesons, at Chick-Fil-A in Logan to catch up, let the boys play, and let me meet their little Molly for the first time! We love these guys! :)  

We rang in the New Year, actually just me, the boys were in bed, with my Mom and Dad in Logan! Clearly I didn't document our low key festivities! :)  

Yay! 2012 is finally complete! :)